Want to start a Podcast?
START WITH THIS ELLEPOD GUIDE
4 questions to ask yourself!
The essential podcast equipment you will need in 2021 are:
- A computer
- A microphone
…they are the first two items you will need to start your show.
Don’t use your computer’s built-in microphone. The easiest way to get started is to use a USB microphone.
Recommended USB mic:
Recommended XLR mic:
REMOTE RECORDING PLATFORMS
Riverside is relatively new but they have an impressive and useful list of features:
- If you want to do live podcasting, they have built-in integrations for Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and Twitch livestreaming.
- It supports up to 8 people (1 host and 7 guests).
- There is call-in functionality for guests with a screener-like feature
- You can share your screen, switch cameras, and chat all from the dashboard.
Zencastr is a web-based recording tool with paid tiers and a free option.
Another browser-based remote recording option, Squadcast is the newest software on the scene.
Choosing a podcast host is an essential decision as you prepare to launch a show. Ensuring the software can support your current and future needs from the start will allow you to grow your show without worrying about switching providers later on. In this article, we’ll give you five pieces of criteria to consider when choosing your podcast host.
Here is the top 5 things to look into when choosing your podcast Hosting Platform:
- Storage Capabilities.
- Website Integrations.
- Audience Analytics.
- Content Repurposing Services.
- Monetization Support.
The best podcast hosting companies as of May 2021 are:
- Plan your episode ahead of time.
- Meet up with your guest for introduction and discuss the topic
- Confirm with your guest/ Send them the Episode details: Date, Topic, Script & your Podcast best Practices of what they should have at their end (Microphone, Camera, laptop, quite room…)
- Follow the podcast structure/ try not to go over time or off-topic
- Edit your episode to clean up the noise or echo (Audacity or Garage band…)
- Add intro & outro
- upload your episode on your hosting platform (exple: buzzsprout)
- Prepare Artwork for your episode: Use Canva for Social Media Design …
- Use Headliner to make short promo videos/Audiogram